Youth Leadership Program
Want to know more about the Toastmasters International Youth Leadership Program?
Click here to go to information on Toastmasters International website.
District 25 Youth Leadership Chair would love to answer any questions you might have and offer suggestions so that you can begin a program. To send an email to the District 25 Youth Leadership Chair, Nicole Roth, to find out more about the Youth Leadership Program click here.
Click here to download copy of the Youth Leadership Guide.
Brief recap from Toastmasters International:
How it Works
The program is presented in eight sessions during or after school, or on weekends. Each session usually lasts one to two hours. Activities taking place in the sessions include the following:
- Evaluation of present speaking ability
- Discussion of chairmanship principles
- Presentation of speeches
- Impromptu talks
- Group evaluation
- Discussion of speech organization
- Discussion and practice in listening
- Discussion of gestures in speaking
- Discussion of voice and vocabulary
- Exercise in chairmanship