DISTRICT 25 CLUB WEBSITE CONTEST RULES
- All District 25 club websites will be considered. There is no need to notify the District's Public Relations Officer to enter the contest. What must be done is to list the club website on the D25 and Toastmasters International Find a Club pages so it can be found and accessed easily.
- Deadlines for consideration will be 30 days before the opening day of each District Conference. Links on the D25 and Toastmasters International sites must be valid by then.
- The website must remain accessible from the deadline through the conference dates, or it will be disqualified.
- The website must clearly indicate which club and district* are being represented, or it will be disqualified.
- To be eligible, clubs must be in good standing with Toastmasters International – dues fully paid.
*This is easily done with a line at the bottom of the home page similar to this: "Off the Cuff Toastmasters Club #4354 belongs to District 25 in the Fort Worth, Texas area."
Club websites are judged on the following criteria:
Home page requirements
- The club’s name and a brief description of what it has to offer are provided.
- Meeting time and location are prominently displayed. More extensive directions and a map may be on a subsidiary page.
- Club contact information (or a link to it) is also prominently positioned, with at least one name and phone number listed and the capability to send an email to the club.
- Date-specific content (like the next meeting date) is posted, showing that the website is updated regularly.
- The FreeToastHost default picture has been replaced.
- Spelling and grammar are acceptable.
- The club’s own photos are preferred to stock photos.
- Photos are properly sized, cropped, and not distorted.
- Content reproduced from other sources is credited.
- Toastmasters International’s branding guidelines are followed.
- Originality and creativity are encouraged within these guidelines.
A committee of impartial District representatives will judge the Website Contest. Club websites that are associated with the judging committee will be eliminated from consideration. All decisions are final. First, second, and third place awards will be presented at the District Conferences.