CLUB | AREA | DIVISION | DISTRICT|Distinguished Program 7-1-2012
2011-2012 Last Year for This Criteria
The Distinguished Area Program is a set of 9 goals outlined by Toastmasters International. It is used as a method of recognizing Area Governors for their outstanding contributions and efforts in helping their clubs, and ultimately their members, succeed.
What are the goals that make up the Distinguished Area Program?
The following are the 9 goals that make up the Distinguished Area Program. Note that many of the goals use percentages or other multiplicative factors to calculate what your clubs need to acomplish over the course of the year to satisfy the goal. In these cases, you will round your result down. For example, for Goal #1 you have to have 75% of your semi-annual reports submitted on time. If you have 6 clubs in your Area, you would have to have 4 in by the deadline (6 * 75% = 4.5, round down to 4).
- 75% of October semi-annual reports submitted on time
- 75% of April semi-annual reports submitted on time
- Average of 1.75 CCs per club
- Average of 0.5 ACs per club
- 60% of clubs in Area are Distinguished
- 80% of round 1 club visits submitted on time
- 80% of round 2 club visits submitted on time
- 60% of clubs with membership >= 20 by June 30
- Net growth of 1 club in your Area
What are the recognitions that I can earn through this program as an Area Governor?
There are 3 levels of distinction that you can earn as an Area Governor:
- Distinguished Area -- Achieve any 4 of the first 5 goals listed above
- Select Distinguished Area -- Achieve goals 1-8 above
- President's Distinguished Area -- Achieve all 9 goals above
Area Governors whose Areas achieve one of these levels will be presented with a certificate from International stating such. The certificate will be mailed to the person who served as District Governor during that year.
Is my Area Distinguished?
To see how all the Distinguished Area status for all the Areas in District 25, click here. Reports are updated monthly.
Download the Distinguised Area Governor Program here.
Download the Area Governor Visit Form here